To provide a reasonably stable level of current income, while also preserving capital, through investing in short-term debt instruments.
Is This Fund For You?
You have a short investment time horizon (under 3 years) and a low tolerance for risk. This is not a long-term investment vehicle; consider this fund if you are seeking a low-cost savings product.
Canada-focused: the portfolio manager invests primarily in money market instruments issued by Canadian governments and corporations.
Nothing fancy here, as capital preservation is key. The fund invests in a number of short-term debt instruments, including treasury bills, high-grade short-term corporate bonds, banker's acceptances and commerical paper. The manager seeks to add value by employing a combination of relatively conservative strategies to enhance the fund's yield.
Estimated long-term mix:
- This fund is designed as a savings product; make sure that it fits into your investment plan.
- Understand that money market funds are not designed to provide you with inflation-adjusted growth.
- Do not invest capital that is earmarked for long-term growth in this fund.
- Learn about Connor, Clark & Lunn and their investment philosophy.
- One of Canada’s premier independent money management firms.
- Nearly $8 billion in fixed income assets under management.
- All-in at $10,000: 0.65%
- At $150,000: 0.61%
- At $250,000: 0.57%
- At >$250,000: Even less
Warren Stoddart, CC&L
Learn more about the manager's history and portfolio construction process.
Play Video (5:49 min, 16 Mb)